May 29, 2011

THE LAUNCH OF A VISION



Growing up, the base of my life have pretty much consisted of 3 main things; athletics, helping others, and faith....in that order. Playing college and professional basketball was a desire that resided in my heart from birth, and from that a passion for intense training began to brew. I had no idea where these interest would take me, but I did know I would go hard for them.

In 2006,  I received the direction to my calling in this life. That calling encompassed those same 3 things, but in reverse order. At the time the pictured was quite blurred and distorted, but if you squint your eyes you could see a little bit. In hindsight, it made perfect sense why the vision looked like that, due to my lack of obedience. My spirit was blurred and confused as I straddled the fence, and the only way I was going to find clarity was if I sought after the one whom provides it. The picture became clearer as I slowly began to distance myself from the worldly pleasures I once loved. By the Grace and Mercy of God, I had been waken up and educated on the significance of the big picture. 

That picture, that vision, in bold letters read...KINGDOM. The purpose of life is to effectively prepare us for eternity in the Kingdom of God. Seeking Him and getting others to do the same is name of the game. So, what does that have to do with athletic training? Absolutely nothing! Its not about any particular occupation or venture, its about what you do with the position you are given. Every good and perfect gift is given by God and should be used for His glory alone. I have been given the desires of my heart being involved in the athletic industry as player and coach, and its my duty to steward the position properly. I've learn that life is about preparation, and with pure intentions I plan to weave that into the jerseys of whomever God sends my way.

Preparing athletes for the next level of their careers, while educating them on the importance of making kingdom investments. Showing them how to train with and for a purpose, while building a character of moral excellence. Giving them something of substance, that will never wither nor fade....but stand forever!
Click HERE to view the site and learn more about this mission.
Be Equipped & Be Blessed

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Keith. I know your family is proud of you using basketball in such a positive way. Keep up the great work for God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! We're so happy your vision has been blessed! We've been praying for you guys. We are certain that you will be an inspiration to the youth. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be involved.
    ~Be blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome,.. lol i wanna go to to far away :P


    -nathanael thomas abay

    ReplyDelete