May 15, 2011

GETTIN' IT IN


I am pretty sure by now, that most of the country has caught wave of IN-N-OUT's new home in Texas. The west coast exclusive burger joint, all of a sudden(so it seems) decided to expand to the Lone Star State in a major way. As a born and bread Cali boy, the sight of the building structure months prior to opening, was enough to bring tears to my eyes. I began to hear the "what's the big deal?" spill from all these cowboys and rangers out here, many whom had never experienced this one of kind masterpiece.
An official grand opening was never announced, creating much anticipation and gossip as to when the take over would begin. Out of the 7 location set to launch in the big "T", 2 (Allen & Frisco) put the pedal to the medal towards coming soon. Fortunately, as a current resident of Allen, I didn't have to travel far when they decided to open their doors. Opening day took place on last Wednesday, and to no surprise it was a flying mess. I did a drive by as the storm hit...literally...as hundreds stood there soaked, but still ready to get their hands on one...or 2. I decided to slide in on Friday before lunch, and only waited 30 minutes to get my fix and I was good. It was such a comforting feeling to be in place you grew up on. I make the comparison to my European experience. When you are miles and miles from home, and you come across something that takes you back whether it be a person, place, or thing, it provides you with that home town feel and IN-N-OUT does it for me. Much love to the staff for making it happen, your food blesses my stomach.  

The Drive-thru at the location I had to deal with....nutso!

1 comment:

  1. YAY, YOU GOT IN-N-OUT! CONGRATS! LOL! THAT LINE IS CRAZY, BUT I UNDERSTAND....THEIR BURGERS ARE THE BEST. YOU KNOW ALTON EATS ABSOLUTELY NO BEEF OR PORK, BUT FOR ME, I HAVE TO HAVE IT EVERY NOW AND THEN, SO WHEN WE'RE BACK HOME, THIS IS USUALLY MY FIX. LOL! HE DOESN'T LIKE TO BE IN THE CAR WITH ME WHEN I PICK ONE UP...TOO MUCH TEMPTATION FOR HIM. LOL! THE KIDS EVEN KNOW JUST HOW I LIKE MINE. I HEARD ANIA AND ANIAH PLAYING THE OTHER DAY AND ANIAH PRETENDED TO ORDER, SHE SAID: "I'D LIKE A CHEESEBURGER, WITH SPREAD, GRILLED ONIONS, TOMATOES AND EXTRA PICKLES ONLY PLEASE, THANKS!" YEP, THAT'S JUST HOW MOMMY LIKES HERS AND SHE SHOULD NOW, I CRAVED IN-N-OUT WHILE PREGNANT WITH ANIAH...I HAD AT LEAST 2 DOUBLE DOUBLES A WEEK THEN. LOL! ;)KIDS!...I JUST FALL IN LOVE WITH MINE OVER AND OVER EACH DAY AND I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THIS PIC OF YOUR PRINCESS. TOO CUTE! :) GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete