Feb 7, 2011

THE SWEET TASTE OF ADVERSITY

Super Bowl XLV, was an intense and exciting match til the very end.  It was one of those games, that was going to the wire regardless of a lead early on.  So, I'm not really a die hard football fan. I route for the Bolts because I am a San Diego boy, and I admire the play of the Eagles BIG 3 (Vick, Jackson, & McCoy). Since they were all at home watching the game, I had to choose who I would silently route for to win it all. Since I wasn't to fond of either team, it came down to who was on the roster. Having been a Charles Woodson supporter since his sharp days as a Wolverine at Michigan, me cheering for Green & Yellow was quite fitting. The former Heisman Trophy recipient, was something like Neon Deion Sanders will his lock down mentality and flare. Not only is he pure talent, he has a pure heart of servitude which I covered in a previous entry.
I have to admit that I was sleeping on the "Lambo Leapers" from Green Bay, Wisconsin. After hearing about the adversity they faced as a unit, all the backlash that the CURRENT Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers had received, covered with the injuries they faced last night... one being Woodson... how can't you get excited? This team is the real deal, and they truly deserve every ounce of this victorious season.
I can't help but to reflect on the BCS Champions, Auburn. I think of the nail biter against the Ducks, and how Current Heisman Trophy owner, Cam Newton went up against all odds. Not allowing his circumstances to hinder him from leading his team to a wrinkle free season. That's a true character. A man with fearless and unwavering faith!  There are many athletes and individuals who are doing the same on a daily, and I must say that I am inspired. Don't think that no one is watching how you react to the enemies attack. Overcoming obstacles makes victory even sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment