Jul 21, 2010

High School Hoops Reunion





Its reunion time for all the former Eastlake basketball players. A night of reminiscing on those epic moments, laughing at all the silly ones, and catching up on those we've missed. As I reflect on my years of being a high school baller at EHS, I can't help but to remember all the times I acted a fool. Whether it was getting into fights (on the court & in the classrooms) or just being a flat out jerk, disciplinary action was something I was familiar with. Listening to the stories from the younger guys, as they expressed punishment periods for getting out of line, just made me respect Coach even more. Ever since my sophomore year when we won CIF, Eastlake has built a winning tradition on playing team basketball. Coach Estrada never stressed "winning". He stressed the importance of developing the fundamentals of being a better person, and winning will come from being discipline. When we did wrong there were consequences, plain and simple. Coach didn't care if you lead the league in scoring, if you were a college prospect with scouts in the stands, or if you were pro bound. He treated all of his players equally and he never sacrificed his integrity or policies for anyone or any game. I have to say I am a better person for it, and I give God the glory for working through people. Lord knows what I need better than I know. Having the opportunity to spend time with my Titan fam was a blessing, and I would like to thank the Estrada's for the hospitality.
STAY BLESSED

A few CIF Champs. Wade, Bryan, Berenice(team manager), myself, & Troy. Curtis and Carlo took off a little earlier, I send them a shout out along with the other players who couldn't make it... King, Eddie, Julius, Dom, Tim Mag, Peter, Tim Ross, Oscar, along with all the coaches who made that experience possible.


One word to describe this group "comedy". Derek, "Bosco", Noel, Berenice, Ben, Alex, & Coach Estrada.


A few of the younger Titans. Jordan is playing football at Butler, Freddy, Marco, & Kenny.


Kenny is set to ball at Fresno Pacific in the fall, and Marlon just finished his collegiate career at Biola making his way to the pros.


My boy Kareem and I. He is currently playing pro in Mexico, and he is doing damage. I've always seen something special in this young man, and his game continues to elevate.


Coach has got the ultimate players pad for the ballers. When I grow up I wanna do it like this!


Pictures courtesy of the lovely Natasha Spencer... Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment