Jun 27, 2010

"Going Back to Cali Cali Cali"





Our journey from Dallas to San Diego began yesterday around noon. I had every intention on attempting to push 20 hours of driving in one straight shot. When my wife and family caught whiff of this idea they quickly shot it down. My parents had a lot of experience on that route, most of those trips I was in the back seat. My wife practically grew up on the road, for he fathers job required the family to move a lot. As for me, the longest I had driven prior to this was 8 hours from Liberal, KS to Dallas, TX with my boy Mark Hall(R.I.P.) riding shotgun. I took there advice and we divided the trip into 2 parts, Dallas to Tucson and then Tucson to SD. I was cruising through Texas & New Mexico, but by the time we hit AZ soil I was ready to pass out. My eyes and feet were swollen, and my poor wife was all bent out of shape trying to get comfortable. We arrived in Tucson around 2am where I don't even remember falling asleep. After a night of much needed ZZZzzz, we arose and slid in safely to the home base. We truly thank the Lord for traveling grace and guidance...






... No issues at the many immigration check points along the way.
STAY BLESSED

3 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it safe! Hope to hear from you soon and we pray all is well. Be blessed!
    ~The Masons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking a short "vacation" from Little Rock this weekend. Patrice has had some schedule with her church ministry as choir director. These small churches in Texarkana (as is probably the case elsewhere) have church on Friday and Saturday nights until after 9pm and then spend Sundays in Sunday School, morning service and then 3:00pm services like it is nothing to it! The good ole fashion sermons really did make it all worthwhile. Thank the Lord. Viewing your link about the California trip was like adding icing to a cake. Humm mm good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith, I didn't know what other profile to choose. Love Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete