Dec 18, 2009

Mind over Music - Video

I came across this poem last week and it is quite intriguing. It had an instant connection with my spirit, and confirmed things in which I struggle with... MUSIC. I am an avid listener of Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Gospel, and Rap. Actually, I should have listed rap first, it being the primary genre synced into my iPod. The melody of rap music is the heart beat to why I struggle. Trying my best to hone in on the sound alone not realizing that my spirit is slowly being contaminated with filthy content. I believe that God is the creator of ALL things...including music, but some of these messages that are being produced are clearly not of Him. The world has a way of taking things and perverting them, and rap music is one of those things. Some rap music has a tendency of celebrating sin, and honoring unrighteousness. This is something I wanted to look further into, and as with all things in life we should refer to the Bible for guidance and direction. Speaking with my Pastor and family about this topic, we were able to compile a few scriptures that gave insight on this issue. The ones that stood out the most to me were:

Matthew 15:17-18
1 Cor 3:16-17
Romans 8:4-11, 16
Romans 12:1-2

I don't know about you, but I want the Holy Spirit to be with me at ALL times, so I pray in due time I will be released from this stronghold without an ounce of desire to return. What are your thoughts and scripture references if any? I'd love to hear all feedback.

This is the poem that got my wheels turning, check it out below.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Keith that was a great poem.. Thanks for linking it here. I agree, definately a struggle for our generation.
    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete