Nov 4, 2009

Not your lil Susie Homemaker


So at an attempt at Homemaking skills I decided to roast pumpkin seeds! We carved pumpkins the other day and I painstakingly separated the seeds from all of the pumpkin gook. I then followed this recipe online because it had some of the best reviews.

It all went downhill from there.

So they were roasting in the oven and started smelling pretty good... I took a peek but of course, they're not as "brown" and "roasted" looking as they are in the picture on the website. I have a tendency to be quite the perfectionist so I decided they must stay in the oven longer.

I suddenly thought about my mother-in-law. I had not spoken to her in a little while and decided to call her right then and there. It all would have went perfectly well had I not forgotten about the seeds! ARGH! Needless to say they came out might "brown" and mighty "roasted," tasting more like wood chips than pumpkin seeds. Keith is eating them... he says they're not that bad... but he just loves me. I'm going to try it again next year! (I don't think I'll be buying anymore pumpkins anytime soon, so next year it is) and I know without a shadow of a doubt they will be the best pumpkin seeds ever. Until then.. we're gnawing on wood chips.

1 comment: