Nov 8, 2009

The Bigger Picture


NBA superstar, Allen Iverson, has decided to take an indefinite leave of absence from the the Memphis Grizzlies after Thursday's (Nov 5th) "L". We are all familiar with the dominating ability in which A.I. has been blessed. The recipient of various accolades such as Rookie of the year, MVP, and numerous All-Star appearances, but he has yet to achieve the ultimate goal, an NBA championship. With all that being said, it is safe to say that Allen Iverson is a well renowned and blessed player.

Ok, I completely understand how he is feeling. I have been a part of a losing franchise as well, and believe me, it is not fun. You work so hard, approach every moment with a positive attitude, and expect rewards to come from that... just to fall short and forced to endure disappointment.

From the things that I have learned thus far, I feel comfortable saying that I believe Allen Iverson is not making the right choice. It is easy to become selfish and at times we may feel things are not going to our plans. But what we fail to realize is that its never about our plans, but about God's plans. Allen isn't looking at the fact that he is impacting the people around him. He has younger players on his team and guys that look up to him as a standard for the sport. Sometimes you have to look outside of the box and see what your purpose is. What is Allen Iverson's purpose? I dont know, only God knows. But what I can tell you is that he needs to be out there, lead by example, play his best regardless of the outcome, be a support to his fellow teammates, and those that are watching him. Especially the children who look up to A.I.

So the bottom line here is that, no matter what our struggles may be, we must look at the bigger picture. Why am I here? Who am I here for? What can I do to make it better?

Reading the latest news on Allen Iverson, really made me look at my own bigger picture. It just gives me further understanding that it's not about me, but about the impact that I may have for those whose eyes are on me. So through all the losses, the struggles, the physical and mental pain, I will always keep me head up and trust in God.

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." - Job 13:15

No comments:

Post a Comment