Nov 2, 2009

Dutch Lessons...

Looks like I'm back in school again. I've been taking Dutch lessons since arriving here in Holland about 2 months ago. It was definitely exciting to be able to learn a new language, and the sweetest woman has volunteered her time to teach me. I went into lessons a little nervous... excited... maybe even a little unsure. Then I told myself "How bad could it be? A couple of weeks, maybe a month. I'll get to know a few words, 'Hello', 'Thank you', 'I only speak English', and maybe even a few phrases I could use at the store."

Well, here I am, 2 months later, still in Dutch lessons, and the attached picture is my new book report. Yes, thats right, book report! My teacher is diving in the deep while the whole time I thought I was just going to get my feet wet! I've been blind-sided by a sweet woman in her 50's. Who would have known?

After the lesson was over, I showed Keith my new project, and in typical Ira Spencer fashion he burst out laughing. Thats okay though, we'll see who gets the last laugh. Keith begins his Dutch lessons this Wednesday..... :)

Overall, I am grateful for the time our teacher has taken out of her day to try and teach me a foreign language. Her patience is appreciated and I know she will be blessed, because she's been a blessing to me. So I may gripe a little bit, maybe even complain a little more than I should... but in typical Natasha fashion, I plan on acing my report.

No comments:

Post a Comment