Nov 3, 2009

Breathe...


Being diagnosed with exercise induced asthma at the age of 10 was heart wrenching. At the time I felt that it would have a dramatic affect and hinder me from playing high level sports. Now, 14 years later, it is a condition that I often forget I have. Taking my daily medication has become a constant routine in my daily tasks. In the Dutch League, the inhaler that I have been using for years is on the illegal doping list. Thus meaning I would test positive for an "illegal" substance. Last season I reported my condition to the Doping Authorities prior to the season which provided me protection. This season the rules have tightened up a bit. So I had to prove to the Authorities that I really need the medication by abstaining from the use of my inhaler and taking a series of provocation tests. This was a very painful experience last week, but with the grace of God I pushed through it. Today, the Doc expressed that he had enough information to prove my case, and that we should be getting a response within a few weeks. Lets just pray that I don't get randomly selected for a drug test until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment