Nov 11, 2010

GOING GREEN

This afternoon, a good friend of mine invited me out to Sherrill Park golf course to hangout.  Although I do not own a pair of clubs to play with, I figured riding around in the cart would be fun.  When Tiger Woods first hit the scene, and took the game by storm, I have to admit I got caught up in it.  I remember back in 7th grade, my pops surprised me with a certificate for a week long golf lesson.  I was amused for that week and that week alone.  The game is not my speed, nothing I could hold on or adapt to at the time.  They say that golf is gentleman's game, and the golf course is also known as the office for many business minded individuals, but today the light hit it at a different angle.  Through my lenses, I saw a space of relaxation.  A place to hang out with your boys and enjoy a few laughs.  From the bright green grass, tall trees,  duck filled ponds, to the architecture of the homes, the backdrop alone is to be admired.  The sound of the ball being drilled by a driver, to the competitive emotions of missing an easy putt (sorry fellas, saw a lot of that today) makes the game worthwhile.  In the midst of me digesting this, another a good friend of mine calls me and tells me he has a full set of clubs that he will bless me with, and by the way they are customize to fit guys of my stature... Okay! So it looks like your boy will be taking on a new hobby... This my friend should be fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment