Sep 11, 2010

Russell Athletic Commercial... Lights, Camera, Action!



In the month of June, I was offered a position to be a commercial extra. The commercial was for notable brand Russell Athletic. The brand and director wanted to showcase their apparel in an intense performance setting, so they sought out to get real athletes over actors. All the guys along side of me were professional and semi-pro ball players. The entire commercial took about 2 days to shoot. The basketball piece, which I was featured in, took roughly 6 hours to film. Out of that 6 hours, not even 6 seconds made the final cut. It's a lot that goes into the film process, the Mrs and I have learned that from making our overseas iMovie motion pictures. The scene felt like we were practice. From running suicides to doing close-outs, it was the real deal. The only difference was that we were not allowed to get sweat on the fine threads. This task was very difficult for the simple reason that we were in an non air conditioned gym, with the doors open, in Texas... enough said. Overall it was a great experience, which gave me a taste of the film life. Now I have some experience under my belt, I will be prepared for when it's time to shoot some promo for my brand.

Check me out slacking on "D" and admiring the alley oop @ 0:12


Be Blessed & Stay Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment