Jun 18, 2010

Celtics vs Lakers = Pops vs Son





The rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics, sparked a mini rivalry between my pop and I. We both represent our respected hometown teams, but unfortunately for him, his Mavericks fell of in the first round. So instead of just sitting back and just observing the Finals, he gets involved by wearing the official badge of Laker Hater. Before the series got underway, he was in my ear rambling about how Sheed, Big Baby, and Perkins were gonna "punk" the inside presence of the reigning defending champions. I predicted the series would go 6 games, but once they lost in game 5 he really let me have it. Game 6 was a day of silence with a solid 20 point victory which set the stage for an epic finale.

We decided to meet a couple buddies at Fox Sports Grill. Pop was confident that The Celtics would prevail tonight.



Boston was having there way in the opening quarter, but I knew that nothing would stop Kobe & The Lake Show from adding another ring to my shirt.



Pop was pumped up on early run controlled by Rondo. He stated "NOT TONIGHT! YOUR BOYS AREN'T GONNA GET IT TONIGHT!"



The crowd was going wild.



At the 5 minute mark, my boy Los was so far on the edge of his seat that he couldn't sit anymore.



Lakers took the lead and never looked back, but I was sure looking back at my boy Kirk laughing and Pop getting deflated.



It's official, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!



The Los Angeles Lakers are living the Blessed Life.
STAY BLESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment