Oct 29, 2009

Canal jumping aka Fierljeppen


A month and a half ago, my teammate Craig Moore and I were approached by the local television station (Omrop Fryslan) to conduct a piece on a popular dutch sport known as Fierljeppen. Not knowing what Fierljeppen is, I returned to my apartment and "youtubed" the foreign sport. Watching these guys soaring through the air on a pole made me wonder if this was a good idea. My heart was beating like a sub-woofer upon arrival to the training facility. After a few dry runs, everyone was amazed with how natural the technique came to me and to be honest I was surprised myself. I attempted a never before 360 which didn't make the trainer to happy lol. All in all it was a great experience and I am looking forward to breaking the record of about 60ft. Thus far 21ft is my best so I have a ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment